Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Rodney Dangerfield Biopic




According to Variety, producers Howard and Karen Baldwin have acquired life story rights of Rodney Dangerfield from Dangerfield's widow and plan to develop and produce a biopic through their Baldwin Entertainment Group. The film will be based at least in part on "It's Not Easy Bein' Me," Dangerfield's 2004 autobiography.

"Rodney Dangerfield was a comedic genius -- and the true stories behind his jokes are fascinating," said Karen Baldwin.

"Rodney took the indignities of everyday life and spun them into golden one-liners that endeared him to millions around the world," Joan Dangerfield said. "But while he was making everyone forget their troubles by laughing at his, Rodney's own life was a heavy-hearted one."

1 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger skyhawk said...

What I had heard was that the producers were unable to find someone with a similar enough likeness to play the part. The reason it was brought to my attention to begin with was that for the last ten years, everyone has been telling me that I look and sound just like him. I started memorizing some of his jokes and doing impersonations but at the time, I has a whole different career but now, things are different. There's no one that can walk, talk and act like Rodney like I do so if anyone knows if they are still looking to do the film, I'm interested. plus...I was a huge fan and still laugh at even myself!

1sbm007@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter //-->
Site Counter