Friday, June 24, 2005

The Dukes of Hazzard (update)

Here's a little Hot Flash for you!

Warner Bros. Pictures' The Dukes of Hazzard

According to The Hollywood Reporter, For a little while, at least, a federal judge told Warner Bros. to cancel the release of The Dukes of Hazzard and impound any copies of the film.

Preliminary injunction was issued last Friday in a suit brought by producer Robert B. Clark. Warners bought TV rights to his obscure 1975 film "Moonrunners" when the studio originally made the Hazzard TV skein.

Clark alleged nothing in the original 1978 contract gave Warners the right to also make a movie. In issuing such a far-reaching order, Judge Gary Allen Feess agreed.

"Plaintiffs have shown a likelihood that they will be able to prove at trial that they have an ownership interest in 'The Dukes of Hazzard' film," Feess wrote.

Suit has since been settled, but legal sources not involved in the case said Warners likely paid a pretty penny to settle.

Marc Toberoff, who represented the plaintiffs, said, "The parties have reached a settlement of all claims in the litigation. The terms of that settle-ment are confidential."

Warners spokeswoman Stacy Ivers said, "The suit has been settled."

In his decision, Feess directed pointed comments at the Warners legal department. Studio had claimed that the plaintiffs had waited too long before filing their lawsuit. The Court, Feess wrote, "finds it a little ironic that Warner Bros., with a staff of lawyers and possession of voluminous materials specifically describing the limitations on the rights it obtained in The Moonrunners, complains that the writers who were cut out of the current project should have given earlier notice of their copyright claim."





Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke in Warner Bros. Pictures' The Dukes of Hazzard

The Dukes of Hazzard hits theaters on August 5th, 2005.

I'll leave you with this picture of Daisy Duke and a raging boner for now, I have work to do!
Have a nice day!


13 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

Would you like to watch Final Destination 5? It is not released yet but you can watch it online already!

Click here to [url=http://watchfinaldestination5-online.com/watch-finaldestination5-online-free.php]watch Final Destination 5[/url]

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Appreciate the recommendation. Let me try it out.
Feel free to visit my web blog : dr oz green coffee

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are genuinely impressive ideas in on the topic of blogging.
You have touched some nice factors here. Any way keep up
wrinting.
My blog post ; Credit Repair Reviews

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its such as you learn my thoughts! You seem to
grasp so much approximately this, such as you wrote the
ebook in it or something. I believe that you simply can do with
some % to force the message home a bit, but instead of that, that is great blog. An excellent read. I'll certainly be back.
my website :: errol denton

 
At 1:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there very nice web site!! Man .. Excellent .
. Wonderful .. I will bookmark your web site and take the feeds also?
I am glad to find so many helpful info right here in the publish, we
need develop more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing.

. . . . .
Also visit my web-site ... joint pain

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this site. It's simple, yet effective.
A lot of times it's tough to get that "perfect balance" between usability and appearance. I must say that you've done a excellent job with this.

Also, the blog loads super quick for me on Internet explorer.
Exceptional Blog!
Here is my web blog ... network deployment

 
At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having read this I believed it was rather enlightening. I appreciate you finding the time and energy
to put this information together. I once again find
myself personally spending a significant amount of time both reading and leaving
comments. But so what, it was still worth it!
Check out my web page Gambling

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, I've recently been searching for info about this subject for a long time and yours is the greatest I've discovered so far.

However, what concerning the conclusion? Are you
certain concerning the source?

Also visit my web page ... vegetarian cooking

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I absolutely
enjoyed every bit of it. I have got you saved as a favorite to check out new stuff you post…

My webpage; www.xxxvideofix.com

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
After all I'll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!

Check out my website: voyeur pissing

 
At 4:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the outstanding work!

Here is my web blog ... webcam sex videos

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent post. I used to be checking constantly this blog and I'm inspired! Extremely helpful info specially the ultimate phase :) I maintain such info a lot. I was seeking this particular info for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.

Take a look at my web site - xxx movies

 
At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's going to be end of mine day, but before finish I am reading this wonderful post to increase my knowledge.

my web-site teenies nude free videos

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter //-->
Site Counter