Friday, January 21, 2005

Spy Hunter

John Woo, the incredible action director, along with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will be bringing us the their take on the video game "Spy Hunter" in 2006. And I was just thinking....My life would be so complete if someone would turn that game into a movie.






The Story: In this adaptation of the 1983 video game, The Rock will play a former F-15 pilot Alec Sects who joins a government agency called International Espionage Services (IES) and a group called Spy Hunters. With his experimental car the G-6155 Interceptor, Alec and the Spy Hunters are told to bring down the leader of an organization called NOSTRA International, Daemon Curry. Of course this organization wants world domination and are equipped with their own high-tech gear.

I'm sure this movie will be packed with wall to wall, balls out action, and that is what John Woo is a genius at. If you are a fan of this genre then this will be a movie to see. (Don't expect depth though)



"Bad Boys , Whatcha' gonna do?"



As you can see the production stills are all CGI, guess they plan on blue screening "The Rock" in later.

I personally don't like this kind of movie, but I do love to watch John Woo's action....it's almost like an Opera with the choreography.


1 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger cbmoss said...

I think that this ridiculous trend to making video games into movies is ... well, ridiculous. I'm disappointed in this one only because I really do like The Rock. I think he's a half-way decent actor ... he's fun to watch and he's great looking. The only thing that can really prevent me from enjoying him onscreen is a truly bad movie. That said ... I do like John Woo as well. So action-wise, this one seems to have it all ... but the story line seems uninspired.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter //-->
Site Counter