Sunday, January 23, 2005

In my Country

Samuel L. Jackson comes back strong to the big screen with this movie directed by John Boorman who directed a movie I liked very much called the "Emerald Forest". His costars will be Juliette Binoche and Brendan Gleeson.

The Story: Romance blossoms in the late 1990s between a married American Washington Post journalist (Jackson) and an Afrikaner poet/radio journalist (Binoche) who meet while covering the proceedings of South Africa's Truth and Reconciliation Commission (headed by Archbishop Desmond Tutu). The TRC was established to encourage apologies for the human rights crimes committed under Apartheid by those who committed them, directly to their victims, as a way of obtaining amnesty. As the duo listens intently to the testimonies of both sides detailing the horrors of rape, torture and murder, the intense emotions the journalists are driven to feel draws them closer together into an affair.

photo/movie_pix/sony_pictures_classics/in_my_country/_group_photos/juliette_binoche2-th3.jpg

"My name...Bond.....James Bond"

photo/movie_pix/sony_pictures_classics/in_my_country/_group_photos/juliette_binoche1-th3.jpg

"I wonder if anyone has noticed that we got the two for one glasses special at K Mart"

photo/movie_pix/sony_pictures_classics/in_my_country/brendan_gleeson/country-th3.jpg

"Who are those two annoying woman in the back row?"

photo/movie_pix/sony_pictures_classics/in_my_country/_group_photos/john_boorman3-th3.jpg

"No shit, after forty I started using my left hand"

Sorry Samuel....I couldn't resist it.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/in_my_country.html

Release date: March 4th,2005




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter //-->
Site Counter