Saturday, January 01, 2005

The Amityville Horror

This movie looks like it might be a good horror flick......I have one problem with it. This family uses the vehicle of demonic possession to pit one family member against the other. In the original movie the father attacks his own family....just like in the movie "The Shining" by Stephen King. In our day and time, the family unit has so many outside assaults on it that I just don't see the need to dream up tales which would have the father murdering his innocent family. This view, I'm sure is not shared by everyone so this movie, like I said will no doubt satisfy your horror needs. As you can see, I don't really try to be objective in my statements about movies that go outside of my internal beliefs. I am a big horror fan though. Go Figure.

photo/movie_pix/mgm/the_amityville_horror/_group_photos/melissa_george2-th3.jpg

1 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger cbmoss said...

I am not a big fan of being scared. Hence ... I don't really care for horror movies. The closest I'll go is M. Knight Shamawhatever movies because they stories are so original and fascinating ... to me. I'm also not a big fan of rollercoasters that make you feel like you're going to die any minute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter //-->
Site Counter